May 4th, 2020
To Our Valued Customers
We are watching the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis very carefully and are continuing to monitor the situation closely. Beatties is following the latest direction and guidelines from Health Canada, as well as Provincial and local authorities. At Beatties, our number one priority is the health and safety of our staff, customers and the community. We wanted to update you on some recent changes to our operations since our last communique.
- All Beatties retail stores and sales offices are closing Friday March 20th at 4pm until further notice. Home and Office orders can be placed on line and our drivers will deliver to your door. Below is a list of locations for reference:
- 399 Vansickle Rd, St Catharines (Curbside pickup offered Mon-Fri 9am-4pm, call 905-688-4040 opt #1 for more details, cash not accepted only debit, credit or Beatties charge account)
- 458 Garrison Rd, Fort Erie (Curbside pickup offered Mon-Fri 9am-4pm, call 905-871-7030 for more details, cash not accepted only debit, credit or Beatties charge account)
- 3325 North Service Rd, Burlington
- 680 Davenport Rd, Waterloo
- 174 Stanley St, Brantford
- All Beatties team members that can work from home are doing so.
- All administrative team members that do not need to be present in the office are now working from home
- The balance of our administration team has been divided into two teams. Team A will work from the office for a two-week period and Team B will work from home. After the two-week period, the office will be sanitized and team will switch places. This is a measure Beatties has put in place to ensure our operations remain open to support your business needs in the event of contamination. Our Senior Management team is following similar model.
- Deliveries are still in effect although Desktop Delivery is now suspended until further notice. Our drivers will deliver to your door but will not enter offices delivering desk to desk, office to office, or floor to floor. If this hinders your operations please contact your account manager to discuss a compromise. POD signatures are not required at this time.
- Incoming deliveries and freight will not be permitted beyond 4ft from the receiving door.
- We have updated our COVID-19 Preparedness Policy and Procedures according to Health Canada and have informed all our employees, detailing the best practices on how to protect against the transmission of the virus
- We have increased the frequency of disinfecting and cleaning in our locations.
- Our account managers are restricting customer visits unless requested. We will be communicating by phone, email or video
- We are restricting non-essential visits from vendors, contractors, and other services and agencies.
- We have implemented social distancing of 2m/6ft at all times.
- We have instructed employees that have any flu like symptoms to stay home
- Our delivery drivers and service technicians are wearing gloves and will disinfect the work area upon leaving
You can shop by phone via our customer service representatives at 905-688-4040, email firstname.lastname@example.org or on-line. Beatties has free next business day delivery within most of Southern Ontario and the GTA.
Our procurement team is working hard to manage our supply of products to ensure we have stock. We are experiencing some in-stock limitations and shortages for certain in-demand products. Products such as hand sanitizers, wipes, disinfectants and masks are in short supply and are on allocation with many vendors. Toilet paper, Facial Tissues, and Paper Hand Towels are not in short supply but are delayed in transit and will be available for purchase shortly. Our purchasing team is working hard to replenish these items.
We will continue to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates and will respond based upon the advice of our government, public health authorities and medical professionals.
Thank you for your support and loyalty during these uncertain times.
Please feel free to contact us directly 905-688-4040 or 1-800-263-4977, if you have any questions or concerns.
Ted Hoxie, President