Modern technology has made many aspects of life more convenient. However, as with anything else, along with the pros there are inevitably cons. With so much of our lives conducted online, hackers and ne’er-do-wells are waging a non-stop war in attempt to gain access to our personal information. Strong passwords are your first line of defense against troublemakers, so make sure yours are up to par.
Strong passwords include:
• At least eight characters
• Both uppercase and lowercase letters
• One or more special characters (such as $, *, !)
To create a strong password, be sure to leave out:
• Names of any kind (your name, your pet’s name, your child’s name)
• Accessible personal information like your date of birth, social security number, etc.
• Numerical sequences, such as 12345
• Words that exist in dictionaries
• The word ‘password’
Finally, protect yourself even further by changing your passwords periodically, and by creating strong login names, as well.